30X40's Procreate Pack
Grids. Brushes. Colors. Canvases.
This curated collection of brushes, grids, color palettes and canvases for Procreate 5 will make it easier than ever to create rich, layered architectural sketches on your iPad. One of my favorite techniques is to combine the loose and hand-wrought linework with the precise, hard edged visuals of grids and symbols. The most compelling architectural sketches employ a variety of texture and contrasting line weight to make the drawings pop off the page. Procreate is the perfect digital sketching medium to allow you to mimic these techniques with its layering system.
This pack of digital assets provides a visually compelling foundation to begin building your architectural sketching habit. Start with one of the high resolution canvases or pre-populated Procreate files and begin by using one or mor of the included grid stamps on a separate layer. Use these to direct your sketching and hide them later, or leave them as part of the final composition and reduce their opacity to simulate the guidelines architects use so often that lends depth to the drawing.
The guidebook includes sketching tips and Procreate favorite brushes + techniques. Paired with the color palettes and a short video showing you how to begin creating your own custom library, you'll sketch with confidence.
- Handbook + Installation video (14-page PDF): Install, layout, composition tips, tricks, + favorites
- 30X40 Custom Procreate 5 Brushset: Kuru Toga, Sign Pen, Pilot Precise, Gelly Roll, Soft Colored Pencil, Dashed Line, Dotted Line, Clouds (x2), Target Symbol, 29 stamp grid brushes:
- Golden Section 1
- Golden Section 2
- Golden Section 3
- Dot GridPlus Grid
- Isometric Dot Grid
- Isometric Basic
- 45-degree (dashed interval)
- 45-degree Strong Horizontal
- 45-degree Grid
- Square Basic
- 1:2 Running Bond
- Ruled Lines + Space
- Ruled Lines 1
- Square Grid Subtle
- Dashed Grid 1:4
- Square Tartan Grid
- Square Tartan Grid 1
- Tartan Grid Horizontal
- Tartan Grid Vertical
- Horizontal Bars
- Ken Grids (x9)
- Human stamp brush (scalable human figure modeled after Corbu's Modulor)
- Vegetation Brushset: Long Grass (elevation/section), Grass tufts (plan), Grass 1 (plan/elevation/section), Grass 2 (plan), Grass 3 (elevation/section), Tree 1 (plan + scatter versions), Tree 2 (plan + scatter versions), Deciduous Tree Stamps (x5), Pine Tree Stamps (x19), Pine Forest Backgrounds (x11)
Partial List of Brushes
- Color Palettes (x9) + tips + video walk-through
- Procreate base files with inserted grids for iPad Pro 11/12.9 (thirds, fourths x2, and diagonals)
- Bonus Instagram Procreate Canvases (x2) (1:1 + 4:5) w/ Grid Layers
- Asset files Grids + Canvases (PNG/JPG)
- 30 Custom Canvases - formatted for iPad Pro 11/12.9 + Original uncropped images.
- Bonus: Blueprint Canvas with 2 modes - Dark + Medium blue
Procreate 5 Base Files (11"/12.9" iPad Pro resolutions) - include grids + chalky canvas (but, not the sketch)
Bonus Instagram Procreate 5 Files (1:1, 4:5, + layout grids)
Bonus Blueprint Procreate 5 Canvas with 2 modes (Dark mode shown)
Bonus Blueprint Procreate 5 Canvas with 2 modes (Medium mode shown)
Created with Blueprint canvas, custom grids + brush set
I'm an award-winning architect, entrepreneur and founder of 30X40 Design Workshop, a design studio located on Mount Desert Island, Maine. I'm also author of the Architect + Entrepreneur book series and creator of the most popular architecture-focused YouTube channel online. I've been designing simple, modern residential architecture for more than 25 years and a practitioner of all the novel, entrepreneurial business strategies I teach in my courses.
(More about me in this short film.)