Having difficulty creating presentation quality drawings in AutoCAD? This template is your solution.
- Graphically compelling visuals right out of the box without fussing or experimenting
- An example of line types and styles that effectively communicate with both clients and contractors
- A small sample floor plan + elevation for reference
- A minimalist, well-designed title block
- Artistic pen settings for your plotter
Imagine starting a new drawing without having to track down all your favorite dimension and text styles, your title sheet, all your favorite blocks, notations and settings you used on the last project. It's all in one place and it includes instructions on how you can fine tweak it to create your own styles.
Using a template file ensures every drawing begins with the correct settings and standard blocks each time, all with just one click. The included files will help you to replicate the simple, graphic style Eric Reinholdt uses for all his residential architecture CAD work in his studio, 30X40 Design Workshop.
The following documents are included in a single zip file + are compatible with both MAC + PC versions of AutoCAD (2013/2018 versions included). **Choose from Metric or Imperial units**
> Getting Started Instructions (PDF) - 5 pages
> AutoCAD Floor Plan Template (.dwt) - **Metric + Imperial templates**
- Arch D (24" x 36") + A1 (841x594) size title blocks
- Line weights + line types
- Text + dimension styles
- Imperial: 3", 1 1/2", 1", 1/2", 1/4", 1/8", 1/16"
- Metric: 1:5, 1:10, 1:25, 1:50, 1:100, 1:200
- Basic layer setup
- Shading styles / colors
- Typical annotation blocks
- Furniture blocks
- Minimalist set of planimetric blocks used by 30X40
- Dynamic door + window blocks (version dependent)
- Small sample floor plan
- Small sample elevation with tree line layout
- Sun path diagram (must modify per your site location + latitude)
> Color table (.ctb) with preset pen settings, widths and colors
> Sample Floor Plan Drawing (PDF)
Title block included with template (see also our Title Block expansion pack)
What's NOT included:
- The floor plan + interior elevations shown below. These show the linework possible to achieve with the template.
- The Title block seen below is available as a separate download here (it also includes multiple sizes, cover sheets, and a general notes sheet with symbol legend)
Floor Plan as implemented in The Outpost project by 30X40 (this .dwg/.pdf is not included)
Interior Elevations as implemented in The Outpost project by 30X40 (this .dwg/.pdf is not included)
These files are designed to be used with the 2013 (and newer) versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. Although it's possible they may also work with earlier versions and/or other CAD programs designed to read AutoCAD files we can't guarantee they will.
Carry the minimalist drawing style of 30X40's template through your entire drawing set by adding the electrical plan expansion pack.
- Electrical Plan Blocks
- General Notes + Legend
- New Title Blocks
- Tutorial Video + Styling Guide
Want all of 30X40's AutoCAD templates? Purchase the bundle here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
I'm an award-winning architect, entrepreneur and founder of 30X40 Design Workshop, a design studio located on Mount Desert Island, Maine. I'm also author of the Architect + Entrepreneur book series and creator of the most popular architecture-focused YouTube channel online. I've been designing simple, modern residential architecture for more than 25 years and a practitioner of all the novel, entrepreneurial business strategies I teach in my courses.
(More about me in this short film.)