30X40's AutoCAD Lighting Plan Template
This template is an expansion pack for 30X40's AutoCAD template (you'll need that first) and gives you the hallmark 30X40 minimalist styling for your electrical plans. including notes, symbols, title block + a short walk-through video tutorial with tips on workflow and things to include. You must have 30X40's AutoCAD template + style settings implemented for this to function properly.
- 30X40's Electrical plan legend + general notes
- 30X40's Electrical symbols
- 30X40's simple layer system
- Small sample electrical floor plan to copy and match styles
- A minimalist, well-designed title block (A1 + Arch D sizes)
- Short walk-through video demonstrating Eric's workflow, steps + tips.
Using a template file ensures every drawing begins with the correct settings and standard blocks each time, all with just one click. The included files will help you to replicate the simple, graphic style Eric Reinholdt uses for all his residential architecture CAD work in his studio, 30X40 Design Workshop.
The following documents are included in a single zip file + are compatible with both MAC + PC versions of AutoCAD (2013/2018 versions included). **Choose from Metric or Imperial units**
AutoCAD Electrical Plan Template (.dwg) - **Metric + Imperial templates**
- Arch D (24" x 36") + A1 (841x594) size title blocks
- Line weights + line types
- Text + dimension styles
- Imperial: 1/4"
- Metric: 1:50
- Basic layer setup
- Typical electrical plan blocks
- Small sample floor plan (shown above)
- Short walk-through workflow tutorial + tips
What's NOT included:
- 30X40's AutoCAD base template file (You'll need to purchase that first to make use of this template)
- The floor plan shown in the image below. This is simply an example of what it's possible to achieve with the template.
Electrical Plan as implemented in The Outpost project by 30X40 (this plan is not included)
NOTE: These files are designed to be used with the 2013 (and newer) versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. Although it's possible they may also work with earlier versions and/or other CAD programs designed to read AutoCAD files we can't guarantee they will.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
I'm an award-winning architect, entrepreneur and founder of 30X40 Design Workshop, a design studio located on Mount Desert Island, Maine. I'm also author of the Architect + Entrepreneur book series and creator of the most popular architecture-focused YouTube channel online. I've been designing simple, modern residential architecture for more than 24 years and a practitioner of all the novel, entrepreneurial business strategies I teach in my courses.
(More about me in this short film.)